Key Characteristic of People Who Try to Harm You
A key characteristic of people trying to harm you, are people who begin with a conclusion and then do everything they can to create circumstances to justify the conclusion they have come to. When what they create and when what they say does not add up to the conclusion they seek, is when they become frustrated and when they become hostile toward the one they seek to dismember or otherwise render insignificant, troublesome, or of harm to anyone, including themselves. Those with mental illness face stigma. That is understood, I am not mentally ill. I have been caused to become mentally ill because people are trying to say I am mentally ill and because I am mentally ill that is why I am threatened by them. No I am threatened by this person because they hit on my boyfriend. Its been 4 years, get over it, no one cares, no one has been harmed, and no one cares what you do or who you date or what you are doing in your life so long as you are happy and able to move forward, that does not mean attack me and hurt me because you cannot move forward from a situation that you are being defensive about, no one said you were wrong, these things happen, just move forward.
When it comes to love and detachment there are a few simple things you must remember, what is important to you, what your values are, and what you priorities in life are. Sometimes no matter how hard you try to focus on one thing, other issues arise during the course of bonding with another, and if you have not yet dealt with what is required to be taken seriously, then in that event, you risk the loss of not being heard as sound, and seen as someone who is defending themselves or seeking a relationship to cure a defect that is not currently present, or a defect that has placed upon you by another in order for a certain result to occur in their favor. People who are weak rely on others in order to make sense of their places in life and what they can do in order to improve their places in life. More often in not it is through the taking of power away and by displacement of power upon others or to themselves that they feel a heightened sense of self. This occurs during the sharing of ourselves, is when we are most vulnerable, that we are harmed by those who seek to use information provided to cause harm to the one who is sharing. When someone is trying to harm you they will relate everything you say to themselves and try to make sense of anything you say in relationship to themselves and their agenda and what story fits best to cause a series of reactions to occur to bring about a consequence or a causal chain to prove that when such and such is the case then such and such is the reaction and the reaction is intended to such and such and therefore I was harmed. Whenever anyone loses their cool in life it makes everyone uncomfortable that is not a debatable issue but understandable and makes sense. Not something personal. When someone wishes death upon another it was because in my case I was harmed to the extent that I became disabled and unable to function, at a loss, without my boyfriend who I loved and thought I was going to remain with during the course of my employment, which was abruptly ended upon hire after I had two surgeries to remove HPV from my Uterus, which turned into Carcinoma Cancer. My life was put in jeopardy and at risk because someone decided to steal my boyfriend. No one ever accused this person of misconduct simply stated that I was insulted and felt disrespected and my feelings were hurt and felt like this person hit on my boyfriend, and as a result interfered with our relationship and changed its course. We never know why people make decisions in life regarding who they choose to associate with. Usually it is because of things they have in common or share common beliefs or share some kind of experience in life to which they feel bonded and from that bond trust is formed. We value those kinds of relationships. And usually those are not the kind of relationships anyone would try to interfere with, especially by someone who was in a relationship already, met her boyfriend who offered me pizza one day at the bar. Who I did not talk to, briefly replied no its okay got up and changed seats, out of respect for her and when she tried to talk to me was brief as well. When people try to create fights or negative interactions where peaceable relations ones existed then this causes hardship. There was no bond at that bar, and there were no friendships. I was alcoholic and mentally ill and would listen to my iPhone, whether empty or crowded and mind my own business, write.
#BloggingCampaign (www.bloggingcampaign.wordpress.com) is just one Social Media Campaign founded by Leslie Fischman for Brady Campaign, which is Entertainment based, figuring out ways to raise money for Gun Violence Prevention Campaigns via Entertainment. Right now I Entertain via Quotes and Fashion Blogging, and used to Entertain via story telling in the form of iMovies and Dialogue on Twitter everyday, as Comedian and Story Teller. By focusing on Entertainment and not the Violence itself, I hope to assist others in the Helping Professions, who work directly with Victims, without re-traumatizing them by discussion of events. Other Campaigns who support Brady Campaign are Million Mom March and Women Against Gun Violence.
Yesterday’s quotes on Instagram.com/leslie_fischman talked about Suicide. In fact, Suicide deaths account for two thirds of the deaths due to Gun Violence.  8 out of 10 deaths among adolescent are due to “firearm suicide,” with guns found in the home. Which is why Brady Campaign started www.suicideproof.org, offering tips on how to suicide proof your home.  For more information about Suicide and Gun Violence, read the report on Brady Campaign’s Website, entitled “The Truth About Suicide & Guns Report.” 
If you are active on Social Media, and want to help protest gun violence, you can now do so by taking a selfie. That’s right, taking a selfie with the Hashtag #GunsOut. The #GunsOut Campaign was started by DoSomething.org, “one of the largest org[anizations] for young people and social change in the world.”  Want to start a Campaign but don’t know where to start or where to promote your Campaign? Go to https://www.dosomething.org/us/campaigns to check out current listings and create your own Campaign. Recently DoSomething.org has created a Page called “How to Stand with Orlando, which offers “resources on supporting the LGBTQ+ community, paying tribute to the victims, and practicing self-care in the wake of tragedy.”  And if you need to talk to someone immediately, you can now text HELLO to 741-741. 
Other Campaigns seeking to prevent Gun Violence, have addressed issues such as the trafficking of illegal guns in the United States. This is why Advocates to reduce the flow of illegal guns into their neighborhoods launched the Social Media Campaign #FollowtheGun, to track where crime guns come from. 
In recent news, Governor Jerry Brown of California signed a bulk of sweeping gun control package into law, and vetoed 5 bills!  Other Social Media Campaigns, run in the State of California include School Districts hiring “Social Media Listening Services” to monitor Student’s pages for threats of violence. In response, the ACLU drafted legislation via #TakeCTRL Campaign to “prohibit schools from compelling students to allow access [by] provid[ing] login credentials for their private social media accounts.” The issue here being invasion of students privacy. 
Another Social Media Campaign run by Everytown, is through the use of “Social Media Graphics.”  Everytown’s Social Media Campaign: “brings together existing advocacy groups (Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America; Mayors Against Illegal Guns), along with survivors of gun violence, gun owners, faith leaders, and Americans from big cities and small towns alike, to both educate and drive action.”  For more information on Social Media Graphics check out: https://echo.co/blog/cheat-sheet-images-social-media.
Hashtags have become quite the phenomenon on Twitter and Facebook, for communicating ideas and sharing posts in a comingled feed online, via hashtag. It’s a way for everyone to contribute and for groups to share their ideas, material, stories, and posts with one another on the same topic, designated by hashtag. That is why I initially created #BradyMusicCampaign for Brady Campaign, which is now #BloggingCampaign, that currently supports Brady Campaign (#Enough), Everytown (#EndGunViolence), and Million Mom March (#WomenAgainstGunViolence, #EndGunViolence). –Recently Senator Chuck Schumer and his daughter Amy, have created their own Hashtag Campaign to Stop Gun Violence, entitled #aimingforchange. 
Together we can accomplish a great many things and help make change happen!
For more information about #BloggingCampaign go to:
Blogging is very taboo. And often times, people discourage blogging as a form of therapy or self-help. Blogging to me is an outlet from which I can support myself and support others, as I grow and learn from my troubles in life. I don’t think that blogging is a waste of time. While some may see it as blahgging, I think that blogging has a great deal of value. It really helps you to get to know yourself and helps others get to know you better. Not on an intimate level, not on a personal level, but for me, on a Professional level. Blogging has been a way for me to demonstrate my work ethic, my dedication, and my interests in writing and being a professional writer (a Paralegal).
I hope that you enjoy reading my blog and that it is helpful to you on your journey in life. As always if you have any questions please do not hesitate to leave a comment or you can email me via the contact box on mymollydoll.org. Take care and look forward to writing my next post.
Half asleep at the assembly line
Another day another dime
Mislabeled and tossed cant even feel my face
What happened nevermind nevermind
New in town new office
Which room this room adjacent to mine
Among piles on the floor lightheaded
His tie undone he smiles and says goodbye
Weeks past and put on platforms
The rented house a kickback spot
Given an assignment and given another
Who huh what another crowd another life
Did my chores and said goodbye
I cried and cried I thought a friend
A cure that hurt, not the solution
A broken heart, and my job gone
I put up flyers, and pleaded to the town
Give me my job back ______
No life is ruined when your 0-1 single & 30
Never let them win, never let them take your power away
That’s what they say, but love love me made me cry
Maybe that’s why I couldn’t stay
You only live life once –its short
Don’t waste time living it to its fullest
Your potential is found in enjoying the simple
The simple things life has to offer can only be found
When you’re good and ready and sound
Sound of mind, sound of heart
Until then keep trecking, don’t worry about time
You get what you give and give only what you get
You cannot be both until youre found
There’s a difference between therapeutic story telling and telling stories for personal benefit or gain. The second is not the purpose for #BloggingCampaign. A story is only told for therapeutic purposes and with good purpose, and with a lesson that has been learned by me, usually a hardship that I have endured, which is of no detriment whatsoever to anyone else in the telling of a story by me. In fact the reporting of such incidences, actually subjects me to greater risk of harm and retaliation by unnamed parties, who either aggravated my condition, or caused me to become mentally ill, disorganized, & strained. Since I have gotten better, I do not tell stories anymore. With previous reference to Jay Carney, watching on CSPAN, in the immediate response to crisis, it is normal to reiterate the same things over and over again until clear, that does not apply to the stories shared themselves but more so to the lessons that have been learned. My purpose is never to harm anyone, through the sharing of story or life lesson, and usually makes them look like the bigger person, and me undergoing stress and strain understanding why I was treated a certain way and what I could have done differently to not have been treated that way. Discrimination is an unfortunate experience in life, and usually not something you ever plan to encounter in your lifetime if you are a perfectionist and do everything right. But sometimes, when you are not paying attention people can take advantage of your good nature, and if you enable them to, to harm your reputation and make you look like something you are not, and encourage you to become something that does not accurately reflect your values or how far you’ve come in life. That is really disappointing for anyone to be in the shoes of the loser in life. No one plans for it, but it occurs, if you are not careful and if you do not stay on top of your life and responsibilities, your future becomes more difficult to achieve at the present than it otherwise would be had you not made mistakes in life or exercised poor decision making skills. Luckily, I have never experienced such a set back in life, to which my life has been ruined, luckily God puts me back in place achieving in life, like I am now. Why? Because I am a good person, I’ve worked hard to become successful, and I have harmed no one in my lifetime, but constantly been under threat of harm or harm to my reputation, but individuals who think its entertaining to put another as disease in life, simply because they don’t think that they deserve the recognition or level of success they have been able to achieve in life. You often see this with overachievers who are constantly being put down or criticized, people tend to be more critical of those who are successful and in positions of power than those who are not as successful and not given leadership positions in life. You would hope that once success has been achieved that others will be happy for you, but in order to continue on that path of achievement in life, you can only maintain footing by staying true to your values, knowing your limits, and not allowing anyone to pull you off center or cause you to make decisions you do not feel comfortable making. For example (STORY TIME GET EXCITED), in 2013 after Boston (Purpose: Lesson Learned) my friend #JayWest offered to hang out with me and invited me out for drinks with him and his friends. I wasn’t hungry, but drank and later partook in drug use. Today, that is not how I deal with problems or feelings of being overwhelmed, and no one should, because drugs and alcohol only make things worse when used as a coping strategy for dealing with unwanted emotions, trauma, or life challenges. How do you get through to a Terrorist? And if you could get through to one, what would you say to get them to stop from carrying out the act of terror planned by them? I built a website and write everyday, promoting #BloggingCampaign and my ideas, beliefs, and lessons learned in my lifetime, hopefully to help all, not directed toward those who harm others. That is again, not the purpose of this Campaign to help offenders, or people who have harmed others, I joked briefly about being forced to run a scared straight program, because my Attorney mixed me in with Criminals, to whom I have no relation with otherwise in my daily life. They are not a population I specialize in or am trying to help, right now I’m Victim centered helping those who have been harmed by others and or have unwanted emotions (anger, resentments, etc.) and how to deal with those feelings constructively and move forward. My experience? Relationships. Romantic Relationships. And Breakups. How it relates to everyone else, that is for your understanding not mine, it’s not my job to apply my knowledge to areas to which I have no expertise. –That’s all for now. I just wanted to clarify a few remaining issues concerning my agenda, motives, life philosophy, campaign objectives, inspirations, and motivations for putting together a Campaign, its for the most part to help everyone move forward, and better understand one another, through understanding one who has been through many life challenges and been able to overcome them all, despite being suicidal or experiencing mental illness, but having a strong sense of faith that if disciplined and by making good decisions for oneself, that God would reward this hardwork not continually trash me, but let me get to the other side finally in life.
Click Here for Details: lesliefischman.weebly.com
Everyone wants to be normal, this is not always easy and difficult to achieve at times. The longer you isolate the more difficult this becomes and the more skewed your interpretations of others gets. You may think your thoughts are correct, but sometimes they are not. Having a better understanding of our thoughts, triggers, and misinterpretations can only be achieved through talk therapy via writing and speaking among trained professionals, whether in therapy, psychotherapy, or member groups that specialize in helping you understand yourself better and begin the healing process. Change is traumatizing, any change is traumatizing, it forces to adjust your settings and adapt to new settings, peoples, places, and circumstances. It’s normal to want to escape under any type of conditions, or changes, that cause you discomfort. That is a normal process of adapting to change, hitting the normal button and regaining positive momentum and routine. Particularly when we experience any kind of loss in life, adjusting to life may become very difficult, this is an example of trauma we experience in response to change, the experience of loss, that may cause us discomfort and difficulty adapting to our current settings. How so? The experience of loss may cause us to withdraw completely from life, from living productively, and may have a dramatic impact on how we see ourselves and affect our relationships with others. What type of loss am I talking about? Rejection and Breakups. After a breakup and whenever you feel rejected its important first to think about what you (1) are doing right in your life, (2) how far you’ve come, (3) remember that you are worth it and never to give up, (4) that something better will always come along, (5) to let go of the negative and focus on the positives what you’ve learned from that relationship and the happier times, and (6) be appreciative of where you are now always and what you need to do in order to maintain steady ground and keep growing as a person so that new opportunities may open up for you in the future. If you fixate on the negative, and don’t allow yourself to grow, and fail to see the positive, you end up hurting yourself twice as much as the person who broke up with you or rejected you. No one persons acceptance of you should dictate how you feel about yourself, or make you feel like you are unworthy of being loved. When someone hurts you, it is never your fault, sometimes people move on in life, and it may have nothing to do with you, nor should you think any less of yourself if certain relationships don’t work out. That doesn’t mean that your whole life is trash and that nothing your doing is going right, its just that one relationship that did not go right, that doesn’t mean that there is something wrong with you. Never interpret any rejection or loss such as a breakup as a reflection of something that you are doing wrong in your life or understand it to mean that there is something wrong with you, you are only hurting yourself when you allow others to hurt you in this way. Remember to love yourself first, before anyone can love you. And I guarantee that when you finally love yourself, people will be happy for you, come back into your life, and be glad that you didn’t give up on yourself and allow them to win.
It's true that on days like this we are reminded of how precious life is and how short it can be. We are reminded to be thankful for how far we have come, how much we have grown, and how important it is to stick together during times of Crisis. There is nothing that a great many cannot accomplish on their own, when in a group of likeminded individuals who share likeminded goals, peace. This I believe we have achieved. It took many years of persuading but I think that running Campaigns for Campaigns has been the best strategy toward achieving our goals, and getting everyone on the same team when the time comes to push forward and support bills, enact legislation, and pass laws which bind us and laws which help prevent acts of terror and violence from occurring. There is no negotiating with terrorists or with violent criminal offenders, or convincing that need be made to not carry out those acts of harm upon others, the purpose of creating stability is so that those attacks are not initiated in the first place, so that their capabilities for initiating such attacks are limited, and so that overall if every preventative measure is taken those attacks cannot occur, will not occur, and overtime cease altogether from occurring. That is the ultimate goal. To ensure that proper care is provided and that proper care is continues to be provided to each and everyone who seeks out that care and assistance, and lend a hand when care and assistance is needed, not shun those because they are sick, mentally ill, or at a disposition less than what we deem acceptable or worthy of adequate care and treatment necessary and required to improve not worsen the conditions of those who experience illness during their lifetimes. As a person with disabilities and mental health issues, it was so important that I help cure these defective conditions I saw, and obvious problematic behavioral health issues that was interfering with our ability to think as a collective whole and with the urgency required to tighten our ship and tighten the reigns on known and unknown offenders planning attacks on our Nations Soil and in our Schools. It's important to have fun, but within reason. It's important when necessary to take life seriously and be respectful of the futures of those around you and their need for seriousness and professionalism at work and in school. The more in control we are of our surroundings the better control we will have over our Country's overall surroundings and the general population. This I think is necessary in order to achieve our goal of peace and to continue maintaining our achieved state of peace. What we cannot find in our own homes, what we cannot achieve by ourselves, and what we have yet to achieve on our own, can always be achieved when in groups that support similar causes and when each member contributes ideas toward achieving those goals and future endeavors, peace. Once we are able to achieve on our own, or amongst others in groups, it then becomes our responsibility to teach the mechanics of achieving that state of mind with others, with those closest to us, and create the same stability and peace outside of the home, inside the home too. Peace comes from within, and when peace cannot be achieved from within, it is okay to turn to others in order to similarly achieve that state of mind, required to find peace from within, by focusing outside ourselves and immediate surroundings, and learn how to achieve by listening, educating ourselves, learning, reading, and writing -all skills so important towards the achievement of inner peace outside of the home, inside our homes, and within ourselves. Thank you for listening and I hope that you enjoy your day of rest in remembrance.
#BloggingCampaign Announcement: NEW Campaign by #DonnaDees Leader of #MillionMomMarch #ConcertAcrossAmerica Sept.25th Nationwide!
It is for no one to judge the personal and professional dealings of another without authorization and permission. If you are the audience to whom a comment is directed or critique is given, then humor may seem off. That is a given. These are what we call inside jokes said out loud, to an outsider is does not make sense, but to those within is like comradere and show of support for one another’s efforts to achieve a common purpose to end gun violence and stop school shootings. This we have achieved and are doing well. If you cannot be happy for a Campaign that works on positivity and light heartedness, then you are not someone in need of help, and energy is best suited for helping those in need. It is not our responsibility to correct the behavior of others or to tell others how they should think or live their life, that is arbitrary and up to each ones person how they choose to live their life and the viewpoints they choose in understanding what they read online and the stories that are shared. It’s a waste of positive energy to spend time helping those who are negative and cause harm to others including myself and cause damage to this Campaign and interfere with this Campaigns to achieve its positive purpose with or without me, has always been a prime staple, a given, since I have been chronically suicidal since 2009 and write as though everyday is my last, introspective reflecting on life and thinking out loud on my own in the privacy of my computer and in the privacy of my diaries my whole life since age 5. Its really for no one to judge me when I’m having a good day and being silly. I’m still in Law School I have every right to enjoy life enjoy my youth and be young. When it comes time to work in a Law Office and to be uptight Professional then when that time comes that’s how I’ve been and always will be. Online requires a different kind of tact and use of humor to offset the intensity of entries, postings, and required content per post, depth. Nothing comes easy in life including writing. And in the process of recovery this was something I had struggled with especially online, clarity of thought and depth. I have not always been my positive self and this is something I have continuously worked on throughout my entire life, and while it may look easy for me it is a skill I have achieved through hardwork, to train my mind how to think, when to think, when to concentrate, when to reflect, when to think harder, and when to produce. There is time and a place for everything. Now is the time to share, because everyone else has been able to share. One who is responsible for helping others is naturally inclined to share last and give everyone an opportunity to be heard first on their own best timing, then one can respond, and share out loud why they support Brady Campaign and what they have done to help provide much needed support to a Campaign that ends gun violence. I decided to go a much different route, by creating, outlining the principles and justifications for an Entertainment Campaign. That is how I decided to help. There is no one way to help during times of crisis, and anything that anyone can do to help alleviate a problem that grew out of control is appreciated at this time, not criticize those on the front lines in charge of managing an outline of a campaign online.
A Relationship is defined by two people co-existing in space and time and sharing the company of one another romantically, friendship, business, professionally, or otherwise defined by being in the same space as one another for any specific period of time, that is how I would define a relationship in short. When you spend any amount of time with another person, a relationship is formed. Any time after that relationship is formed, and further established online via Social Media, is further evidence of a relationship between two persons existing in space and time, by one of the above-mentioned identifying characteristics.
When a relationship ceases, online, via blocking or unblocking, the unrestricted setting “to unblock” would be considered a waiver of the former condition which was “to block” or in other words sever a relationship. The unsevering of a relationship which has been blocked occurs upon being unblocked. Whenever a relationship is severed and no explanation is given, and no commentary, conversation, or behavior would properly justify the severing of a relationship online, it is reasonable for one to question and wonder why and inquire. Try to mend a bridge or figure out what went wrong, that’s normal.
Whenever a Professional relationship is formed, or inquired about “requesting to apply for employment to a person or persons” that Professional relationship first established endures the expectancy of that interaction and is applied further to any future relationships with that person formed, such as on Social Media. Social Media adding does not change the status of the relationship first formed which was for Professional purposes, and any correspondence for Professional purposes, should not be ignored, rejection of any Professional work is never taken lightly and insult is always interpreted and felt in response. There is no rational explanation for why anyone would defriend me, I have never been defriended in my entire life. Clearly there must be some misunderstanding. Where one is dating publically online, one is understood to be taken, therefore any interested parties, therefore have a right to date and date publically too. That is not odd behavior that would justify defriending someone who is dating another and who sends a Professional memo and update as to current status of Campaign and Schooling recommended to be registered for. Why block someone who does not follow you or message you. Why defriend someone who does not even check your Profile, ask Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook) or Instagram, they can vouch for me that at no time prior January thru March did I ever check you account more than once, 1 visit per only in a 3 month period. It would be one thing if I was pursuing you, its another thing if Im not pursing you to assume Im pursuing you if you get sent a friend request. If you accept that friend request that means that you are okay with establishing a friendship online, a relationship beyond that initial first interaction. I’m sorry I posted to you Online. Usually when I post to others they respond, or post in response to messages received, are appreciated. Comedy or Professional tone and demeanor accepted, this is a lofty Campaign, with big dreams and high expectations, goals to achieve. 1 year FREE of School Shootings. If you are nervous and do not wish to participate than just say so, don’t call my Mom, upon leaving you after questioning, to then say I am delusional think there is a relationship that doesn’t exist. There is a relationship that existed in time and space, in person and online, and I am not delusional. Why would you argue otherwise. Unless interested in creating problems in my personal life or cause me hardship. Why if when talking everyday to you reporting to you as though you are my Supervisor, there are no problems experienced by you in response to that correspondence that would cause you to call my Mom. What type of correspondence is okay with you and what type do you disapprove of? This would be an easier conversation to have if you would just reply. Rather than talk to everyone but me and cause me additional hardship and embarrassment guessing what it is Im doing wrong, why you defriended me and blocked me in the first place. I don’t like you photos, I don’t message you, I don’t bother you. Your behavior caused me to question you, and by questioning you a relationship was established in private. That’s why I am trying to walk away. Because this is too embarrassing and does not reflect well on me only reinforces the behavior of others towards me, who lure me in then reject me make me look like a paraia. I am not a paraia. I am very popular. Have been popular my whole life. Just because I do not want to be with someone, does not mean they have the right to retaliate and make me look like I’m the crazy one. When I need help no one helps me. You were the only one to help me not take advantage of me or be mean to me. Clearly Lucas does not understand what its like to be desperate for work, depressed, and Single for many months. That is how you are hyper, needy, and talkative. From here forward I will establish no future relationships. I’m done trying. No one is willing to give me the companionship that I deserve, so I will stop trying to find companionship in life. Its simple #TaylorAdamsAM, I don’t understand why you wont just let me walk away, clearly you do not love me the way I love you, so there’s no point in sticking around after I am feeling better and feel whole again. That would be using you as a crutch, I’m independent fine on my own, I lost all confidence and was not strong when I met you, because of failure not due to my own poor decision making but failure due to taking care of others, upon which I was weakened and harmed not by my own doing.
Finding yourself is one thing. Identifying yourself as a Blogger is another thing. "You don’t know what you’ve got til its gone". (Lyrics to an Erykah Badu or Janet Jackson Song). As a Writer on Twitter for many years I had no idea that what I was writing was considered blog worthy material. Never underestimate yourself. What is trash to some may be of value to others. I first learned this sharing on Instagram and Facebook. You don’t always get the most likes on Twitter, and participation often comes in another form –visits to your website. Twitter is more of a promotional tool than a tool for accurately measuring popularity rankings via likes and reblogs, but by Impressions (Twitter Analytics) & how many Followers you have. Getting a new Follower on Twitter is like the equivalent of likes and comments on Instagram. Valuable.
*Here are The Steps I Took to Identifying Myself as a Blogger Online:
(1) Is what you have to say of value? If what you have to say is of value than you may consider yourself a blogger. And choose to one day start a Wordpress or build a Weebly website to showcase your work. A worthwhile investment. I’m glad I did so.
(2) Have you been writing your thoughts Online for more than a year? If so, then blogging may be a great job for you Online.
(3) Are you an unemployed Writer looking to make money or support a Campaign? It takes time but there are ways you can make money Online. Usually by blogging material prescribed to you by a Website that will pay you to blog for them, on topics chosen by them, some of these positions you must apply for. Another way you can make money via blogging is by running Ads on your website. Im not quite sure how this works yet, as this has not been my focus but something new to me, is measured by traffic and clicks. Working on it, I’ll let you know when I start earning.
(4) Are you able to Write and Compose pieces on your own without the help of anyone or any Online resources? If so, then Blogging on your own Website may be a great idea for you, and may help open doors for you in the future. When I first started blogging, I noticed everyone around me on edge, but overtime they got used to it. It definitely helped me get jobs, because it enabled my Employers to get to know me on a deeper personal level, see what I’m about, what issues or Campaign I support, and what jobs I may be best fit for, as an employee.
(5) Do you have the personality for Writing in a Public Space? Are you Sensitive to Criticisms? This was the most important question I had to ask myself. As a shy person, blogging online was not something I participated in throughout School, seldom on Facebook and had opened a Twitter Account but never participated or wrote a single Tweet. To be honest I wasn’t sure how to use Twitter. Just like when I started using Instagram this year, I didn’t understand that the only way to communicate was by hearts, those were the like button. Now Twitter uses hearts so it’s a more universally accepted understood symbol for liking something online. This just changed in 2015/2016. –Main Point: It takes a long time to adjust to writing online and the professional and social anxiety that comes with it. You subject yourself to a lot of unnecessary and unwanted feedback and attention, and that is just something you will have to get used to, and learn how to respond to. Overtime as you become a stronger writer, you get more positive feedback and less criticism (Thanks Instagram!). That comes with the territory. Online people expect the utmost professionalism of you, but in a space that’s so quick to write print and publish from, for the writer it doesn’t feel like that same expectation is there, but it is. Be careful.
(6) Are you Organized, Able to Keep Up with the Demand? Never start a project that you cannot finish and cannot continue to contribute to, perfect, improve, and grow. Once you generate an audience, that audience stays with you, don’t lose those members, they were they first to notice you out of everyone streamlining their pieces into the mix on hashtags. When you start blogging you want to keep your audience and you want to grow your following. This usually occurs by momentum. That is, positive momentum, which is generated by blog posts you contribute to your feeds and publishing platforms. If you cant keep up, don’t start publishing until you can, or write a few in advance to then publish later, to help maintain momentum and consistency. Your audience is always looking for quality not quantity. Blogging everyday reblogged pieces is fine and dandy, but when it comes time to wow them do you have unique pieces that set you apart, that can help you grow your following and maintain an existing fanbase. These are things you should prepare for before starting any type of blog.
(7) Do you have some kind of Vision and Purpose for your Blog? As we discussed above, before starting any type of blog you should be prepared and have achieved a quality of composition that sets you apart from the other bloggers so that you stand out and gain new followers, and maintain uniqueness to your work product. Some people are able to achieve this by logos. Some people are able to achieve this by stylistic preferences, and some people are able to achieve this by putting their name on everything (that would be me). That would be your vision, how you see yourself and how you want others to see you, is that vision clear? If not, there are plenty of spaces to experiment to see what your audience likes best, start with one social platform, but do not experiment on all social platforms. You want to always present your best work to each, so make each introduction strong, with new material, and with that added edge of experience you were able to achieve from the previous social network you blogged from. The purpose of your blog, sometimes you know right of the bat, mine was to create an entity MYMOLLYDOLL from which I could create a Campaign for a Campaign. Sometimes this purpose evolves. I know on Instagram and Tumblr, I started with one account, and as I tried to organize my materials, I realized that my presentation of reblogs was best suited for separate blogs, to maintain consistency and theme. That was important to me, to separate my blogs by theme, categories or types of pieces shared, this can also be done through the use of tabs on a Website (something I have just considered doing for mymollydoll.com). Right now I keep everything on separate Blogs (Websites) lesliefischman.tumblr.com, mymollydoll.com, lesliefischman.weebly.com, facebook.com/leslie.fischman, Twitter.com/mymollydoll, and Instagram.com/leslie_fischman … the list goes on. (See mymollydoll.org). –The only problem is that if you are concerned about traffic points, you may want to stick to one Website, otherwise your 10,000 Followers get spread among multiple accounts on different Websites, making it more work for you to share and keep track of on a daily basis or update weekly.
(8) Do you have any Conflicts of Interest that Prevent you from Blogging? This is an important question to ask yourself if you are currently employed. Some employers have specific guidelines outlined in your employment contracts that specify preference as to whether blogged about online and whether any work related interactions are blogged about. If so, then its best not to blog in any space, where you compose any impulsive writing off the top of your head, but blog only in spaces in which you compose one draft prior to publishing. For example: A Space Space to Blog for impulsive people would be Weebly or Wordpress, writing on Microsoft Word first and then publishing your final draft on your Weebly and Wordpress. That would be the smartest choice, to ensure that no information regarding work is shared online that would interfere with your contract or signed responsibilities of what not to include in your blog online, which is to write about work.
(9) Do you have a particular interest in a genre commonly blogged about? If so, then blogging may be a great fit for you as a Writer or Composer. The more common, the easier it is to join and contribute to, blend in, without standing out or looking out of place. For me, when I started blogging on Twitter, they had just added the photo feature, and I blogged like I was on Facebook, putting all my photos up and talking about my personal life and what I’m up to. Have no fear, what was once uncommon is now common, and I am no longer one of few but one of many who blog about their personal lives in public on public publishing platforms that get Google indexed and tossed around online in places Ive never visited on Websites like Twicsy, that duplicates your account on a completely different website I don’t even have an Account to. This happens online, do not be alarmed. What you share in public becomes public information and public knowledge and can then be reused. Make sure you are cited and that you maintain uniqueness to your craft and put your logo, emblem, or web address, and/or name on your work, so that when it gets redistributed you are credited to your work, and can get business that way.
(10) Are you qualified to blog about the topics you wish to write about? This is perhaps one of the more personal questions you must ask yourself, however discouraging it may be to realize that you need credentials to write about certain topics, that is why we have referencing abilities, and the purpose for citations. For knowledge that does not come from within but must be obtained from outside of yourself, is why we cite and do research. You can also compose blog posts in that way, via citations, there is nothing wrong with that, but make sure you cite. What are my credentials? I’m a BA with Honors in Sociology, have Composed & Published an Honors Thesis (A Qualitative Research Study on Hotline Counselors, about Crisis Management and Emotion Management, with approval by my attending University’s HRC (Human Research Committee) which I had to apply for, qualify for, and complete several online exams testing my understanding of the risks involved when studying at risk populations [Note: Similarly in 2013 I had to submit a proposal for future study to CU’s HRC prior to beginning Blogging Campaign for Brady Campaign –which was forwarded to the US Supreme Court for Review, and stamped by them reviewed]) … my Honors Thesis was later published with an Academic Publishing Company. In addition, I attended Paralegal School & Law School JD for 5 years, and I am now finishing my LLM and will compose a Dissertation, which I plan to Publish with an Academic Publishing Company when I finish. These are my Writing Credentials as a Professional, not including writing experience throughout my work experience, which included composing Legal Motions on behalf of Clients, composing Legal Research on my own, drafting Letters on behalf of Companies and Tenants, Composing Client Letters, Legal Memorandums, Drafting Legal Documents, Formatting Legal Documents, Indexing sorting and filing legal documents, and the list of responsibilities goes on as a Paralegal, Law Clerk, and Legal Secretary for many years (Since 2008). Based upon my experiences as a Legal Professional, I thought why not Blog and start a Blogging Campaign, I’m certainly qualified to lead a Campaign, I may not have the experience running a Non-Profit or Corporation (Now Officially Registered in CA: MYMOLLYDOLL as of 2016), but that is something you learn through experience putting together a Company online and Startup.
I have registered my Corporation, [and pay taxes and legal fees monthly], I [own] multiple Websites, but that does not mean that I am making any money doing what I am doing right now, or earning a Profit from my work completed online. That is because my focus was to Campaign for a Campaign not to earn a Profit, I just put Ads up on my Website after maintaining a Website Online for 3-4 years (Since September 2013). Everything takes time, and just because you are advised as to what is required of you, or make friends along the way, does not mean that those friends can help you earn a living one day doing what you are doing or with the Company you put together, that is for you to figure out on your own, just like everybody else does online. It is a very risky investment of time to Blog, and is best done in a forum or on a social blogging platform that is already established and has ongoing traffic and participation for feedback. I hope this helps, and if you have any questions feel free to leave me comment here or email me on my contact page. Good luck!
It is not always in your best interests to over involve yourself in the businesses of others. Sometimes it important to trust the decision making skills of others and by their education and experience have faith in them that they know what they are doing, are prepared, and have received all required permissions to be where they are today. The purpose for #BloggingCampaign (formerly #BradyMusicCampaign) have been founded upon those principles. To know ones place, and to contribute in a way that does not retraumatize nor add additional hardships to any one person’s plate, but helps to alleviate the problems our Nation faced after a series of School Shootings we all had difficulty responding to. That is why I created #BradyMusicCampaign. It was a Campaign to support a Campaign, which diverted attention away from the point for trauma itself, discussion of the Shootings and ongoing Terrorism, and focus on something positive a Creative #EntertainmentCampaign whose purpose was to help raise money to support #BradyCampaign.